What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

7A Transition Training near Maryland

Transition training

I don't know of anyone local,I have a few hours with Mike Seager and can tell you what he expects you to bring to the party.

1. Be Tuned up,If you haven't flown PIC during the build,get with an instructor and fly a hand full of hours. Work on basics, stalls power on and off.This is expensive time,Mike wants to transition you,not teach you how to fly and bring you up to speed. So have current time in the book.

2. Get some right seat time with a local 7 or 7a pilot. It's not the same as PIC but will acclimate you to the RV flight envelope.lots of right rudder on the ground and power climbs,none in cruise.very small stick movements in cruse.etc.... Its not your grandfathers Buick!

3. Be ready to do lots of stalls, The seven doesn't give you a lot(heck any!)warning before the lift drops out,it does but you have to recalibrate your "butt" to a clean lightweight airframe.Point is this ship picks up and drops off airspeed very quickly stay on your toes,look alive.

There are a least three guys who offer transition training I've heard good things about all of them.Give them all a call and see who you click with.This will be the best money spent on the project.
IMHO
RHill

Check with Van's Eastcoast rep. ,Mitch. He's right in Mary's City. He is also on this site quite regular. I know he has Van's RV-10 and an RV-12. We transitioned in the RV-10 a few years back.

Back