What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

-7 Leg fairings

Coling955

Been staring at Drawing C3 and my leg fairings and I'm blowed if I can find the scribe lines. Do they mean the end of the fairing or is there really a line and I actually need a stronger pair of glasses. Any advice gratefully received.

Yup, no scribe lines. I can't remember if I just measured from the top instead of the scribe line or just positioned the template on the fairing where it fit the best. Either way I don't think it makes much difference as long as it's on the centerline, especially if you make your own intersection fairings.

Same here. So, from the original leg fairing drawing detail, I traced the outline and clamp cutouts for my -6A fairings. I then cut out this drawing exactly on the traced lines. I then placed the cutout over the fiberglass fairings, moved the drawing up/down the fiberglass until the trailing edge of the paper template aligned with the fiberglass trailing edge. Tape in position and mark the fiberglass.

Back