What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

6A parts

TSKI

I have a 6 that was started by another person and I am looking for a list of parts to finish it as a 6A? Thanks for any help, Tom

Van's would have that information for you. Send them an E-mail and let them know that you now have the kit and they will get you set up.

There is not that much different...

...between a 6 and a 6A. The biggest question is how much work has already been done.

1. Drawing 28 shows the difference in the F611T (tail wheel) and the F611 (tri-gear) bulkheads.

2. Drawing 28 shows the difference in the F-612 Bulkhead.

If the fuselage has progressed beyond this stage, I believe you are still ok, but look into the tail tie down solution requirements.

3. The engine mount is different, you will need the nose wheel version.

4. You will need the main gear legs and the landing gear mounts. The legs and mounts are now match drilled for alignment.

5. You will also need 2 of the F6101 Al plates as well as some additional hardware. Check your drawings (or preview plans) carefully. You can find all the hardware buried in several different sheets.

6. And then you need the nose wheel leg, fork, pants, hardware, and leg fairings.

7. I believe the brake lines are routed different between the -6 and the -6A.

RV 6A

Thanks for the help, the fuse is only part way riveted. The cockpit does not have alot done, mostly just drilled and dimpled. The tail wheel rod is in so I will have to fix that if I change. Thanks again Tom

Back