What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

60A CB

sjjonesnz

Well Known Member
Can anyone tell me if the 60A CB from Spruce p/no 11-02191, CRCK BRKR 60A 1648-009-060, is the push-pull type?? If it's not, do you know where I can get one?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Non-pullable

Can anyone tell me if the 60A CB from Spruce p/no 11-02191, CRCK BRKR 60A 1648-009-060, is the push-pull type?? If it's not, do you know where I can get one?

Thanks in advance.

Wicks picture of the same part...

672_la.jpg

If it is pullable, you will need extremely sharp finger nails...:)

gil A

Non-pullable or popable

Steve,
I just replaced one of these after some serious head-scratching due to a non-charging battery problem. I have this cb upstream of the bus and it was not popped so we "assumed" it was good and troubleshot a bunch of possibilities that included sending my plane-power alternator back for examination, testing the battery and all wiring, etc. Finally removed the cb from the circuit and found battery would charge fine. So I replaced it with the same cb and all is fine. I looked at the Klixon cb but they are about $100 vs $15 for the cheap white model. Since this cb had worked fine for over 2 years, I decided to stay with it and buy a couple spares to keep just in case.

Chuck Olsen
RV-7A
TSP

I'm using a 60 amp pullable breaker from McMaster-Carr. It's kinda pricey at 50 bucks, but it works and all is well with mine at 230 hours TT. Go to http://www.mcmaster.com/ , search for p/n 6608T1 and you'll see it. I looked at all the usual aviation suppliers (Spruce, Wicks, Chief, etc.), and it seemed that no one carries a 60 amp pullable CB. I wonder why??

Back