What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

#6 screw nutplates for inspection plates

Harland E. [n.m. u.s.a.]

Well Known Member
countersinking #6 screw nutplates for inspection panels

I'm currently countersinking the spar for the inspection panels and man-oh-man they seem way too close to the flange edge.By the time the countersink is deep enough for the screw head the edge of the countersink is allmost touching the edge of the flange,makes me nervous.I would show you a picture but COMCAST wont let me upload today...again(grrrrrr).Any help would be appreciated especially a photo.Thanks.

Last edited:
This pic belongs to our friend Chad but I am sure he won't mind.

These do come close to the edge like you have seen but that is just the way it is, just make sure you are not over doing it.

2-13-06-001w.jpg

Here is one of mine before I wiped off the excess primer. Look a little ways down and you will see the ones you are questioning. They end up close.

2004928154461387984_rs.jpg

Last edited:
YUP!

Thats about what I have on distance for the actual screw hole.Lordy though, it seems that it could pull right through that little sliver of aluminum left over.But, I guess the strength is actually in the rivets and nut plate not the screw hole afterall.Recreational AND educational!Thank you for your quick reply Gents...I love this forum.

Back