What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

417CT (RV-9A) finally painted exactly 2 yrs after kit delivery

cleve_thompson

Well Known Member
:D A mile stone has past! Exactly 2 years after Tony Partain delivered my "fast-build" 9A kit, she is now painted and fully "tricked out"! I had the plane up at Southeastern Aircraft Painting in Sylvania, GA for the past 6 weeks for painting. Mr Cleland called me and I flew her home at 6500" and 165knots at 70% power!

Boy! Am I proud of the job they did finishing my rough fiberglass and exactly duplicating the job I wanted.

I have made a little photo album on Picasa that heralds the important milestones of our progress in creating this dream bird and shows the finished product! I show the parts delivered (6-06), the first roll out, the first flight (12-07) and the finished product (5-31-08)
http://picasaweb.google.com/cleve3/063108N417CTNowPaintedSoIsTimeForReminiscing

I want to thank Claude Stokes, my building partner, Vern Darley, my EAA advisor and DAR, Pierre Smith who gave me some great transition training in his beautiful RV 6A, Joe Cleland, my painter, and Jason Smith at Aerotronics for wiring my beautiful panel.

Last edited:
RE:Wonderful

Cleve

Fantastic.....another RV milestone.....Congrats. It sure looks good.:cool:

Frank @ ...RV7A...989 details left to do............

CONGRATULATIONS!

Cleve endured summer heat and an extended forest fire blowing smoke through his hangar for many weeks! It turned out great!

She's a beauty! Congrats!

Vern

looks good..............wish I could work that fast.

ps you may want to adjust the timestamp on your picaso pics.

Looks great Cleve!

Now it's time to get some of those juicy south Georgia bugs on her.

Please let me know when you are out and about and we will meet up somewhere.

Yes!

Cleve it's hard to believe that two years ago we delivered your plane. Time flies! Congratulations your plane looks great.

Back