What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

4" oil cooler valve

kkmarshall

Well Known Member
Does anyone know where to get an oil cooler shutter valve like Avery used to sell? I understand they have closed up shop. It looks like a 4" throttle body.
Also,am I the only one who has trouble with the large c/s screw on the main wheel pants loosening (the one that screws into the axle nut extension)?

Thanks,
Keith

They haven't closed yet. Just looked at the site and they said it would be open until mid December.

The wheel pants screw you mentioned is supposed to be a special screw - one with a nylon locking feature running the long direction of the screw. I'm betting that's not what you have.

You're correct,mine has regular countersunk Phillips screws. Thanks for the info. I assume I can order the correct ones from Vans or from?

oil cooler 'throttle' valve

I mounted mine on the baffle. I actually made my own, it is 3.5" and fits 3.5" scat tubing. But mine is on an IO-360-A1A. (not an O-540)
I think if I were building an RV-10 I would use the 4" valve.

The baffle is a nice stable place to mount it, and a bracket to support the bowden cable housing to operate it.

Back