What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

37 Degree Flaring Tool

Yep

I bought the same tool. It makes a very nice flare but I find it a bit awkward to use. It also utilizes a bump stop to establish the proper location of the tube end. The bump stop doesn't really work for the small diameter tubes. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 7. That said, I'm not sure if there are any better options.

IMHO, DaAV8R's review is spot-on. Nothing bad about the rolo-flare at all ... it's just there are some tools that are easier to use. I too say 7 of 10.

Check around on the price ... I got mine new about 4 yrs ago for under $70.

Tubing Flaring Tool

I recently borrowed an Imperial model 537-f ,37 degree, flaring tool to make the fuel lines on my RV12. I have no experience with any other brand of tool. My experience was uniformly good. It is very easy to initially set either 1/4 or 3/8 tubing the correct distance from the cone that makes the flare. The flares were uniform and clean with no scoring of the flare's face. The downside to this tool is its cost - $400. I imagine you can find this used on Ebay. Imperial also makes a good tubing bender that I bought at OSH this year for $32

Fuel Lines

Thanks all for your replies

I think I will use Parker Super - Flex Fuel line from Aircraft Spruce.
I can buy all the parts for about the same price of the Flair Tool, I never had good luck with a Flaring Anyway.

I installed a four position valve in place of the stock valve, off, right wing, left wing and a line back to where vans tank was for small tank for longer flights. ( total of about 28 Gallons , 9, 9 and 10)
I will take a different route back to the wing tanks, staying out of the main center tunnel.

Last edited:
Back