What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

37-05 Sight Glass Window

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
I have been searching archives, going to put in my fuel tank sight window and prefer it don't leak.
One step bothers me some, it says NOT to worry about pro seal that gets on the sight glass until AFTER it has cured, then remove the excess..
That stuff is sticky, can you even get it off the sight glass aster it has cured?

I mixed up some proseal in a plastic container. It stuck to the plastic, but still peeled off easily once it had cured, so I think it would peel off the sight glass without any problems.

Hi Don,

Yes they are right you want to let it cure for a day or two and then it comes of with out much trouble. Use the wood Popsicle stick sharpened, to clean out the holes. Keep in mind that you just need to see the fuel level it is OK if there is still some proseal in each hole.

Most people try to use to little proseal trying to make less mess, more is better it will flow out and can be removed when fully cured.

Best regards,
Vern

Back