What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

327 connector kit

LettersFromFlyoverCountry

Well Known Member
There's no subsection for "transponders" so I'm posting this here.

It appears from the Garmin 327 installation manual that the antenna connection takes a Garmin-specific connector (I had just assumed it was a standard BNC, and the rear plate needs several small rings and washers etc., none of which I have. I could have had them at some time; or maybe not. But I can't find 'em.

And I also can't find anyone who appears to know where I can find a 327 installation kit without buying a 327, which of course I already bought.

Anyone?

I sent you guys an email this morning. Didn't hear back so figured you didn't have 'em. Now I have nothing to do tonight at the hangar. I'll have to go home, have a bubble bath, and watch Grey's Anatomy. :eek:

Bob, I just bought an installation kit yesterday on E-Bay. Search in motors, aviation parts , avionics, then Garmin. $132.50 plus shipping. Latre, Ken

Bob, I just bought an installation kit yesterday on E-Bay. Search in motors, aviation parts , avionics, then Garmin. $132.50 plus shipping. Latre, Ken

That's a wee bit steep, considering the list price is only $120 for the entire install kit including the tray - and the good dealers would make you a deal on that. Just an FYI...next time get hold of a trusty dealer and you'll save some dough. Ebay isn't always the cheapest way to go...but maybe if people are willing to pay 10% above list price I should start selling there! :)

Also, Bob...send me a PM. I tried to call you today on the cell phone number I had for you and it didn't work. I'll email you tomorrow and get ya all hooked up!

Cheers,
Stein

Back