What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

32-06 Attaching Flapperon Pushrods

Bob Kibby

Well Known Member
The flapperon pushrods are secured at the mixer and torque arms with MS210083-N3 nuts. These nuts do not appear to me to be self locking. Does anyone have a rationale for not using a self locking nut in this application? We use castle nuts with cotter pins and self locking nuts on the control stick and control stick pushrods, but use plain nuts on flapperon pushrods. This just doesn't smell right to me! I put the RV-12 hardware in plastic trays and label the lids with the part numbers. Maybe I mislabled the nuts or have used the wrong nut so any help would be appreciated.

Bob Kibby, my engine is being crated with TLC by Van's

30-06 Attaching Flapperon Pushrods

Thanks, I was pretty sure that I had mislabeled the parts. Is there a reference document available that provides a description and drawing (or photo) of aircraft hardware parts by part number? I look at some references and they indicate that the part number I am looking for has been changed and they provide a cross reference that is extremely confusing. Also, is there a reference that would indicate the basis of the numbering scheme for aircraft hardware parts, i.e. prefix yyy are nut plates, prefix zzz are nuts, and prefix bbb are bolts?

Thanks,
Bob Kibby

BOLTS AND NUTS

LOOK AT THE AIRCRAFT SPRUCE CATALOG. THEY LIST PRETTY MUCH ALL CONNECTORS WITH DESCRIPTIONS.

Back