What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2AWG White costs more than red or black

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
Decided to get 20’ of 2awg to make up all the battery, ground, starter, engine ground wires and wanted to use tefzel. ACS has a crazy price for the white. Other places have the white same price. About 9.80 per foot is best I can find.

Decided to be a purist and not use welding wire.

Anybody know a good source at a lower price?

Last edited:
The 2AWG Tefzel cable is quite stiff and some builders use welding cable instead for FWF between the engine and the firewall so that it can flex when the engine moves, particularly the starting and stopping "shake". I initially used Tefzel but it was so rigid that I took it out and replaced it with more flexible cable for the starter.

Do what you're comfortable with, but all of the grounds can be braided grounding strap. It's a lot more flexible than Tefzel but Stein or B&C will sell it for about the same price per foot. If you know the length, stein will even finish it for you by crimping the ends on.

Personally, I did all my big grounds with welding cable because I like how flexible it is. I did my battery and starter cables out of Tefzel, but yeah, it's so stiff you have to put some thought into how you route and secure it to account for the wet dog shake during shutdown.

I needed large-gauge battery cables for my 6v 1948 Plymouth. I used this vendor:

These cables are built to order, are very flexible and priced at $3.14/ft. The cables I received for my car were outstanding quality and very reasonably priced. They can be built with lugs on both ends. They are produced and shipped from Kentucky.

Reactions: HFS
Back