What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

25-hour Rotax inspection

JRo

Well Known Member
I now have 20 hours on my new RV-12. It's going great! I know there's a 25-hr oil change/inspection which must be performed and logged to validate my Rotax warranty; can anyone show me where to find the checklist for that? All tips are welcome!

Thanks,
Jim R.

I did not find any such checklist in the VANs web site, they probably defer to Rotax for this kind of information.
I used a local Rotax certified A&P to do the 25 hours, cost: $156 including supplies. He filled my Rotax log book (he also did the first run) which should make things easier in case of warranty claim.

Inspection tip,
Print out the Rotax inspection check list from the Line Maint. Manual and print the one out for the RV. Use these as part of your documentation and guide as you do the inspections and sign off each item as you inspect them. You can make notes on them as you correct or repair items or just show you checked the torque or changed the oil. Hole punch them and keep them in a 3 ring binder as part of your permanent documentation. One day it will pay to have these.

It really flies great!! The handling, performance, visibility, SkyView & fuel economy all outstanding. I'm more than pleased & proud!

Jim

Back