What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2022 RV7A For Sale

bt3vex

I am selling my 2022 RV7A. Its currently in phase one and should be done by end of July give or take. So far about 10 hours in. It has a Rebuilt (by me) Lycoming 320. Dual 10" & 7" dynon HDX, garmin audio panel, Dual Coms, EFII system 32 ignition, dual axis autopilot, Dual Earth X batteries, VPX pro, (Instrument panel was built by SteinAir), Aerosport carbon fiber panel, with upgraded eyeball air vents, magnetic compass (lighted). Classic Aero vinyl interior with full carpet/baggage etc... Upgrades include Super tracks, all steel braid hose lines built by TS flightlines, Electronic elevator and aileron trim controls, Complete Aerosun lights (Sun Tail, Wingtip, and position Pulsar) light package, heated pitot tube, ADSB in/out, Dynon GPS, Anti splat (Nosejob), Anti splat (Air oil Separator), Anti splat (Control gusset lock). Crow 5 point harness, Andair Duplex Fuel Valve, Anti Splat (Oil Cooler Shutter), Rudder extension pedals on both sides, internal rudder stop, Delrin Aileron Stops, electronic CO detector, and red & white interior LED lighting on separate controls.

Empty weight 1094lbs.

Reason I am selling is due to time with work and family and some medical issues, I can't see it sit and collect dust.

Asking $155,000.

Attachments

• PXL_20240602_161259075.jpg
    PXL_20240602_161259075.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 751
  • PXL_20240602_161302936.jpg
    PXL_20240602_161302936.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 720
  • PXL_20240602_161536719.jpg
    PXL_20240602_161536719.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 576
  • PXL_20240602_163454040.jpg
    PXL_20240602_163454040.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 549
  • PXL_20240602_163455514.jpg
    PXL_20240602_163455514.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 746
First of all, what a nice looking plane and well equipped, except for the engine and it being fixed pitched as well. Out of curiosity, where is the mixture? You have carb heat right next to the throttle and alt air next to the carb heat but no mixture.

First of all, what a nice looking plane and well equipped, except for the engine and it being fixed pitched as well. Out of curiosity, where is the mixture? You have carb heat right next to the throttle and alt air next to the carb heat but no mixture.

Next to the throttle is Cabin Heat, not Carb Heat.

There is an EFII controller on the far right, hence no mixture control.

No carb heat, no mixture. Mixture is controlled by the EFII computer on the far right. The items in question are oil cooler shutter, alt air, heater vent.

I am selling my 2022 RV7A. Its currently in phase one and should be done by end of July give or take. So far about 10 hours in. It has a Rebuilt (by me) Lycoming 320. Dual 10" & 7" dynon HDX, garmin audio panel, Dual Coms, EFII system 32 ignition, dual axis autopilot, Dual Earth X batteries, VPX pro, (Instrument panel was built by SteinAir), Aerosport carbon fiber panel, with upgraded eyeball air vents, magnetic compass (lighted). Classic Aero vinyl interior with full carpet/baggage etc... Upgrades include Super tracks, all steel braid hose lines built by TS flightlines, Electronic elevator and aileron trim controls, Complete Aerosun lights (Sun Tail, Wingtip, and position Pulsar) light package, heated pitot tube, ADSB in/out, Dynon GPS, Anti splat (Nosejob), Anti splat (Air oil Separator), Anti splat (Control gusset lock). Crow 5 point harness, Andair Duplex Fuel Valve, Anti Splat (Oil Cooler Shutter), Rudder extension pedals on both sides, internal rudder stop, Delrin Aileron Stops, electronic CO detector, and red & white interior LED lighting on separate controls.

Empty weight 1094lbs.

Reason I am selling is due to time with work and family and some medical issues, I can't see it sit and collect dust.

Asking $155,000.
Is the plane in Montana? What does phase one mean ?

Yes it's located in Montana. Phase one is the first phase of test flying. Basically working out the kinks making sure everything is working good.
are you selling it once that’s complete ? I’m a military pilot and airline pilot this is uncharted territory for me

Very nice. I personally wouldn't discount constant speed. I chose not to do constant speed. Had the funds. I concluded that 1 mph gain and complexity plus weight it just didn't make sense.
Do you remember what the interior cost?

Very nice. I personally wouldn't discount constant speed. I chose not to do constant speed. Had the funds. I concluded that 1 mph gain and complexity plus weight it just didn't make sense.
A C/S prop isn’t about the top end speed.. it’s all about the takeoff acceleration and climb performance. Also better braking in formation and shorter landings, and the ability to lug down RPM in cruise to lean it deeper (think about the Jimmy Doolittle raids) but top end cruise speed isn’t what makes a CS prop shine. Think of it like having a single speed car, always stuck in 4th gear, or having a 6 speed with overdrive. Which one will win in a drag race from a dead stop?

I purchase the interior around 8 years ago, then it was roughly $7000, the Aerosport panel insert was roughly $1200. The panel was built by steinair and that was roughly $37,000 when all said and done.

Back