What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2010 Summary

David Shelton

Well Known Member
Happy holidays everyone. Here's a quick update from MotoPOD. We're wrapping up a very productive year and have nothing but good news to report from 2010.

Earlier in the year, we received a grant from the Wolf Aviation Fund for our work to advance personal air transportation. The grant recognizes our unique approach to ground transportation; an often missing link in door-to-door travel. You can read more about it on Aero-News. We also enjoyed coverage from a number of aviation publications and Plane and Pilot Magazine included us in the ?11 Best New Products.?

PilotMag.jpg

"11 Best New Products"​

In July, we exhibited at EAA Airventure with a sharp new indoor display. The indoor environment provided a better opportunity to converse with our customers and I enjoyed meeting many new RV-10 builders and flyers. Best of all? I wasn?t sunburned at the end of the week!

This fall, we announced that we were working on swappable sensor pods for some very interesting applications. I?m looking forward to sharing more news on this when it becomes public. We?re also working with major aircraft manufacturers and making steady progress towards our first STC?d belly pods. With any luck, we?ll start selling our first FAA certified products in the New Year. With this growth into the certified marketplace, we?re expecting some exciting investment and career opportunities. Please pass this on to anyone who might be looking for a hands-on job in aviation.

Our bread and butter will come from our upcoming certified products but we?ll continue to sell and support products for the RV-10 community at reduced prices. Right now, we?re simply focused on getting more products into service and we?re offering some great incentives. There?s a 10% discount available through January 31st and you can contact me to discuss additional ways to save.

Wow, we've come a long way since our start, from the garage of a silly 26 year-old engineer! That's all the news for now. You can check our website (www.MotorcyclePilot.com) for more news in the New Year.

Happy Holidays,

David Shelton, President
MotoPOD LLC

Back