What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2005 RV-7 Empennage Kit

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between a current empennage kit and one purchased in April 2005? Trying to get started on a 7 - this is my first post.
Thanks, Martti.

Not likely

I have an older tail kit I picked up that needs a design change mod. But this change was done a long time ago. The parts for the mod will be send to me when I buy the wing kit (for free). That said I learned then that the basic designs haven't changed much over the years; if at all. The changes are mainly found in ways that make the assembly easier on the customers such as 'pre-punched' holes. A quick call to the engineers over at the Vans factory answered all (and more) of my question like yours. My impression was they are very generous and genuinely wanted to help me learn and make infromed choices.

There are plenty of real experts on this sight that can answer this question as well.

Best, and good lick.

E.

Rudder redesign

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference between a current empennage kit and one purchased in April 2005? Trying to get started on a 7 - this is my first post.
Thanks, Martti.

Martti,
If I recall correctly the rudder was redesigned to improve recovery time in a spin. I received my empennage kit in Feb 2005 and I received the new larger rudder.

Dave

The rudder change was in early 2002. I got my tail kit in August 2002 and it had the new, larger rudder. I doubt any significant changes have been done since then, but Van's could tell you.

Roberta

Back