What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

200 Hours

petehowell

Well Known Member
The hobbs just flipped over 200 hours tonight on a gas run to South St Paul, just shy of 11 months from the first flight.

Trips include:

- Montana with my son
- South Bend with my daughter
- Iowa with everyone
- Nebraska with my neighbor and
- many, many breakfast runs with the the guys

The plane is fast(enough), fun, economical and a pleasure to fly. Next mission is a upgrade to allow training for my instrument ticket.

I may never get this many hours this fast again, but I am looking forward to the next 2,000 hours........

Congratulations!

That's geat Pete - what took you so long to get to 200??:p

The next 200 go by even quicker as you realize that you no longer have to buy airline tickets....

Paul

Thanks Paul

My little one tells her friends that she has her own personal airline. So far it is a great symbiotic relationship - she gets to go places - I get to fly with her.

The grandmas are particularly big fans......

Dangit, Pete, I was "this" (small gap between fingers) of heading to South St. Paul tonight (while driving home from work) to sit in the hangar and watch people come and go. Would've loved to have seen you.

You know, I'm actually surprised there's ONLY 200 on that baby, given all the generous rides you've given along with those wonderful trips.

Good show, Pete!

My Hobbs is over 200 hrs as well, but flight time is about 155 on my 9A. Time to think about building another one, eh!

Vern

Pete - great news! My building "hobbs" meter is just past 500 hours.... so I figure I'm maybe 1/4 of the way there! I can't wait! Posts like yours are very motivational!

dave

Just hit 210

Thats hours, not miles per hour...:D

Yeah, 11.5 months for me, including an instrument ticket, aerobatic school and 2 1000 mile each way cross country trips.

Its an awesome machine, I have to pinch my self to remember that this thing is a privilage only very few get to enjoy.

This is also partly why i emigrated to the USA...What a place!

Frank

That's about right...

Pete - great news! My building "hobbs" meter is just past 500 hours.... so I figure I'm maybe 1/4 of the way there! I can't wait! Posts like yours are very motivational!

dave

Dave,

It was at 2000 hours when I had my RV-9A inspected by the DAR and got my airworthiness certificate. The first flight was on June 9, 2005. Today was the day the Hobbs meter went over 238 hours. The whole story is posted on my web site at www.n2prise.org including Oshkosh AirVenture 2006 arrival and departure videos with sound.

Back