What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

20-02 help

tomkk

Well Known Member
20-02 Step 3 calls out final drilling of two holes in the Center Section Assembly and installing F-1204R. Those two holes are dimpled in my assembly. The dimples protrude on the side with the washers and nuts. Can this possibly be right? The plans do not show dimpled holes. :confused:

I just finished section 20 and had the same. I used a bit to knock down the dimple protursion on the nut / washer side. I email Vans with some of the stuff I found in section 20. The biggest problem I had was the -8 AN rivets were too short to properly form a shop head. I used -9's and they worked great.

Guide

Dimpled holes guide for drilling as I recall. When drilled to correct size dimple disappears. Not an issue.

Dimpled holes guide for drilling as I recall. When drilled to correct size dimple disappears. Not an issue.
Well, that's a point - I never actually got to drill part. The dimples won't quite disappear but pretty close. Thanks.

Back