What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1st Flyin for N159SB...

Brantel

Well Known Member
Took the bird to KLOZ this weekend for their annual open house fly in....

Just 2 RV's there but it was still fun!!

They had a pretty good local crowd but it is my understanding that it was way down from last year even though they were expecting much more than last....

It was weird seeing all the people swarm my airplane!! Scary weird! Kids everywhere!!

It was amazing to see the people take such an interest in our two homebuilt airplanes. The other one was a very nice painted RV6A and mine as you know is not painted but the people did not seem to care!!

At least I made a decent landing in front of the crowd. My friend and I flew up & took off and flew home in loose, (real loose) formation...

It was very hazy and hot!!

4rew77.jpg

About your HS-34...

...How hot would you guess the inside of your cockpit got while you were parked?

Were there any issues with the HS-34?

Thanks,

Pierre,

Funny you asked this since I was about to reply to your other thread and let you know that my plane set in the 90?+ Sun for about 4 hours that day and I got in and fired everything up and blasted off...It all worked fine.

Granted I do not use the ARINC-429 connections....It sounds like your HS34 has a problem. Yours is the first I have heard of with this box.

I would call Dynon up, get an RMA and send it in for a checkup...

Was hoping to go :-(

I was hoping to go but I'm working on helicopters in Jacksonville. Headed home tomorrow. :)
I did get my Garmin 510 mount installed right before I left, I just need to order my bare wires cord and get it installed. I really like the 510 in the car also. I like not having to load the maps I need for the area that I'm going to, like I had to with the 296. I also like the lifetime road map update option, now if they would just do that for the aviation database updates :)

Last edited:
Back