What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1st fligt of C-GOYA -7eh?

Wayne

Well Known Member
It finally happened! It FLEW!!! ( last Saturday actually)

4.5 years seems a long time ago since I drilled the 1st hole in the empenage. But in reality, the time has zipped by. The years have been filled with enjoyable building, problem solving and meeting new and interesting people.
My project has been a success due to the many people that have given so freely of there time, advice and skill to help me achieve this dream and goal.

Now the next challenge of high oil temps will be solved in short order (I hope) and its time to fly, fly and then do some flying.

BTW, on a test flight early this morning I over flew the town (on runway heading) and woke my 17yr old son up from his teenage slumber. He said later "Dad you woke me up with the loud plane of yours! I looked out the window and it was great. It reminding me of all the cool planes we seen and heard at Oshkosh last year" Cant get a better compliment that that!

Keep on building and enjoy the journey.

Wayne Pedersen
Claresholm,AB
C-GOYA RV 7 eh?
2.5 hrs
1stflightmay130651dh.jpg

Yay! Well done!

As soon as you're done flight testing turn that thing southbound and come show it off!

Congratulations!

Way to go!!!! Great Pict. It feels good to have family members compliment your plane, huh?

I flew over my dad's ranch workhouse today and he walked out and waved

Fly safe.

Great job Wayne.
You've got a great looking airplane.
Is that a decal on the side or painted?
If it's a decal, where did you get it. I'm considering using one made for my 7a.

Best of luck with phase 1.
I hope to be joining you soon.

Good stuff Wayne. When I get mine finished I'll fly west ,you fly east and we'll meet somewhere in Ontario for coffee. :)

Paul Tuttle
Lantz N.S.
RV8 Fuselage

graphics

DanLandry said:
Is that a decal on the side or painted?
If it's a decal, where did you get it. I'm considering using one made for my 7a.

They are decals. I went to a local graphics shop and after discussing what I wanted, he free handed this design on his computer. I gave him the -7a painting template, he added this design to the template and we could tweak it till it looked good. I actually found the paint and graphics one of the toughest parts of building the plane - you want to do it right the 1st time!

Wayne
C-GOYA

Paul Tuttle said:
Good stuff Wayne. When I get mine finished I'll fly west ,you fly east and we'll meet somewhere in Ontario for coffee. :)

Paul Tuttle
Lantz N.S.
RV8 Fuselage

Great idea, get it done and I can meet you in Oshkosh this summer ?

Wayne

Well Done.

Congratulations Wayne.
Smart looking RV.

Canary Yellow has to be a safe colour to fly in Canada in the winter.
Pete.

Congratulations !!

Congratulations Wayne..
When you get your hours flown off and the teather string cut, come on up to Saskatoon and show her off......!
Marc DeGirolamo

Back