What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1995 RV-6A Pre-buy Inspection

Michaelpk3

Well Known Member
Looking to purchase 1995 RV-6A in Oklahoma City. Anyone in the area with RV experience looking to make some extra $? Let me know.

IO320 160HP, FP, tip up, basic IFR panel.

Mike 941-704-1618

Look for compliance with Vans SB!!!

Make sure whoever looks at this RV-6A for you, reviews all the Vans RV-6/A SBs, especially 07-11-09 for the nose gear. Also, look closely at the rudder pedal SB and tank slosh SB. I am doing a condition inspection on a 1998 RV-6A and found that none of the Vans SBs have ever been done. Get an RV experienced mechanic to do a very thorough inspection of everything regardless if it just had a "fresh inspection". Also make sure you look at possible ADs for the mags and engine.

Cool! Thanks for the heads up! I found a guy who had built a couple RV models and he is going out with me to do a conditional inspection. I wanted a thourough inspection and he did mention making sure SB and AD were up to speed.

Is the nose gear SB for the "nose job" or antispat upgrade? Or something different? The plane did have a nose gear collapse so I am hoping he did the upgrade.

Review the Vans SBs

SB-07-11-09 is for the inspection and replacement of nose gear legs U-603, U-603-1 and their associated forks, which must be replaced with U-603-3 leg and WD-630-1 fork.

There is no such thing as a "Conditional Inspection". The condition inspection is to determine that the aircraft is in a safe condition for operation. The aircraft's operating limitations will have the correct language that is required for a legal condition inspection sign off.

The anti-splat device is a non-Vans, aftermarket item that is a very good addition safety enhancement to a 6,7,8,9 A models.

Your best bet is for you to review the Vans SBs, so you a have a thorough understanding of them before you buy any RV.

Back