What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

18th Annual NW RV Fly-in

Nice! Bill, what lenses ( and settings) you were using to shoot moving aircrafts?

Lens: Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L IS (IS set to mode 2)
Shutter Speed: 1/60th
Camera Mode: I started using Tv, but the background as I panned kept changing from clouds (bright) to bushes (dark) and the camera was moving the exposure all over. I finally metered on the grass (FYI: Grass is a great stand in for an 18% gray card) and locked everything down in manual at ISO 100, 1/60, and f/13.

Panning is an art, and I'm still working on it. I would say I had about 25% of the shots I took came out with the subject sharp. Like flying, every time I grab the camera I try to improve on some skill. Today was panning and HDR.

--Bill

nice shots..

the weather looks somewhat iffy but those clouds sure made for interesting background.....better than clear and sunny!! (the pilots sure would not agree)

The HDR stuff looks great, Bill. Thanks for the tip about using grass in lieu of a grey card. <I learn something new every day.......>

Back