What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

187 knots today

rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
I had a ground speed of 187k this morning. I know it is just ground speed but it was still fun having the tower ask what type of experimental plane I was in.

Attachments

• 187 k.jpg
    187 k.jpg
    961.7 KB · Views: 362
My prior aircraft was a very fast RV6. I once went into a major metro airport. Approach said they would need to hold me out for 20 minutes until things slowed down for arrivals since the flow was at 180 knots. I replied I could do 180 knots. He sequenced me right in and a few minutes later said, “wow you really are doing 180 knots”.

My prior aircraft was a very fast RV6. I once went into a major metro airport. Approach said they would need to hold me out for 20 minutes until things slowed down for arrivals since the flow was at 180 knots. I replied I could do 180 knots. He sequenced me right in and a few minutes later said, “wow you really are doing 180 knots”.

You made Robbie proud that day!!!

Also burning 12.9 g/hr. It's nice to know these planes can do that if we don't mind burning some extra gas. My friend just started flying lessons and joined a club with a Piper Archer. He can probably burn 12.9 but won't come anywhere close to those speeds. He's gotten a little spoiled riding around with me in my 9A cruising at close to 200 sometimes.

Back