What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1800 lbs RV-9A ??

Pilottonny

Well Known Member
Hello guys,

I am looking for someone who is flying an RV9A with 1.800 lbs gross weight, in the USA.

At the moment I am doing the paperwork for my RV9A, and hope to be flying soon. Since I have longe range tanks (204 ltr), I would like to set my max. gross weight (take-off) slightly higher than standart, at 1.800 lbs. I might never use it, but I like to be on the safe side when ever cheked on the ramp! Here in the Netherlands, anything that is allowed in the USA, will be accepted, as long as I can provide some piece of paper to prove it.

Is there anyone out there, that can email me a copy of their Airworthyness certificate, allowing a Gross Weight of 1.800 lbs for the RV9A.?

Many thanks in advance,

Kind regards, Tonny.

Tony,

My 9A is certificated for 1800 lbs. Let me know if you still need a copy of the paperwork. Probably easiest if you email me directly if necessary.

cheers,
greg

OK, thanks for the help

Because someone suggested we should "close" our threads (and he is right!) please find my report:

"After we got all the answers we were looking for, I want to let everybody know that, thanks to the input of several VAF members, I was able to get approval, by the Dutch Authorities, for a MTOW of 817 kg (1.800 lbs, instead of 1.750 lbs.)"

Thanks a lot !

Kind regards,
Tonny Tromp

Back