What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

-10's in Houston

mciaglia

Well Known Member
I have been researching and reading for the last year (paid dues..for the wealth of information). I have been so impressed with the RV-10. I purchased the DVD from Vans, have watched it countless times, visited Tim Olsens, Brian and Brandie's and Ivan Christensens build pages. Yet...I have never seen a real -10. Flying for several years, mainly 152's, 172's, Citabria and Decathalons. I built a Christen Eagle with my dad back in the 80's-90's. Is there any RV-10's in the Houston area I could see? I fly out of Hooks and would love any assistance. As of now...planning for an Oshkosh '14 empanage purchase.

Thanks for any responses.
Mark Ciaglia

Bummer, I was just at hooks 30 June. It is a great aircraft, good luck in your search to see one. If you are ever in Ogden Utah...or Vegas next week... :) you can look at and get a ride in mine.

Rene'

RV-10s in Houston

Mark,

There a number of RV-10's in the Houston area. I am aware of at least 6 being built and 2 or 3 that are flying. Phil Perry put together a list of -10s in the Houston and surrounding area a few years ago. I am building one in Sugar Land. The best resource for meeting RV builders and flyers in Houston is attending our monthly RV lunch. Our lunch is the 3rd week of the month. The location and time is announced on VAF a few days before.

If you want to see one being built let me know.

Dave Syvertson

Dave,
That would be great. Definitely will join you guys for lunch too. Let me know when a good time to meet up with you.
Mark

RV-10s in Houston

Mark,

I can't be firm about my availability for most of August. I am going back and forth from a drilling rig for the next week to ten days in Pasadena. I should be available most nights this week except Tuesday and possibly Thursday. I need to go to Colorado for part of next week.

I am available tonight though. I will send you a Private Message with my cell phone and address.

Dave Syvertson

Welcome Another RV-10 Builder in Houston

Jeff,

Let us know if you order a RV-10 kit. You have a lot of resources in the Houston area, not just RV-10 builders. There is a RV-9A in The Woodlands that completed in the past year. I would recommend a couple of things. First attend our monthly RV lunch on September 21st. Location to be determined. Great bunch of people. Second, there are a number of RV-10 builders in Houston that can be very helpful. Let me know if you would like to see the one I am building in Sugar Land. There are a few closer to you that may want to jump in.

Dave Syvertson

Jeff,

Welcome aboard. I'm building a 9A in my garage here in the woodlands. You are more than welcome to come check things out.

Jay

Back