What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1089 Elevator push tube

Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
If you follow the drawing the tube is 33" long, once assembled the drawing calls out a center to center length of 37 13/16. The thread engagement of the rod ends to maintain this overall dimension in my opinion is far less than desirable/safe. Has anyone else run into this problem and if so what's the solution.

Thanks,

Patr Stewart

Hi Pat,

Are you refering to the Pushrod Assembly for the Rv-10? If so, page 11-6 figure 2 of the spec book shows a tube length of 73" end to end before the threaded inserts are attached. The final pre-adjustment length from center to center of rod end bearings is 77 15/32".

This is so different from your numbers so I assume I am talking about a completely different part. For what it is worth, with the above measurements my elevator pushrod assembly needed almost no adjustment from the plans.

Push Rod 1089

Actually my original email was in error, overall dimension is 37 13/32, still do not like whats left for thread engagement however today I did install it. It just seems like Vans should have selected a longer bearing thread.

Pat Stewart

Infinity stick hitting panel

I’m bringing back an old post because I’m sure there are many that have this problem. I have read about everything there is to read. I have the sticks cut all the way to the bottom and still hit the Aerosport panel. Elevator works through its limits. The F-1089 was cut to 33” length, to get it off my panel I have adjusted the rod ends to I feel an uncomfortable limit with only a few treads into the VA-111. I choose not to bend the sticks. Do any of you see any reason why I couldn’t rebuild the F-1089 an inch longer?

Back