What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1000 hours RV-6

I'm New Here
Hello everybody
I want to know what I must check in the 1000 hours service in our RV 6 .-
We are from Argentine.-

Welcome to VAF. I see you are a relatively new member (by posts).

Great to hear your RV-6 is serving you well. It may be a few years before I catch you but I'm trying :D

Still a youngster!

Hello everybody
I want to know what I must check in the 1000 hours service in our RV 6 .-
We are from Argentine.-

I've never heard of any special service recommendations at 1000 hours. In the States, we do pretty thorough inspections and maintenance once a year and, I think, that checklist is sufficient at 1000 hours. There are now quite a lot of 1000, 2000, and 3000+ RVs out there now and I don't know of a common issue with age except, maybe, carefully checking all the motor-mount and landing gear brackets and junctions as cracks can develop through hours of vibration, landings, and taxiing on rough fields.

congrats on the thousand mark. ;)
P1000646.jpg

Last edited:
I have also just completed 1100 hrs in my RV6A and in addition to the condition inspection required in the USA I am doing a bit of maintenance at the Firewall forward:

- replacing fuel and oil lines
- replacing a vacuum line connected to the manifold pressure sensor
- replacing the brushes in the alternator
- emptying the oil cooler
- relocating the oil cooler from the firewall to the baffle behind #4 cylinder

Buena suerte en Argentina,
Augusto

1050+ Hours RV-6A

I have a fairly extensive annual condition inspection list but anything beyond that is "as required maintenance for failed or worn out items." I run the RV-6A hard in racing but there are no signs of a need to change my maintenance procedure.

Bob Axsom

Back