What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

10" Skyview

PeteP

Well Known Member
Anyone install a 10" Skyview in a 9A Tipup? If so were and what did you did with the F-745? ADAHRS and engine module location?

Pete

Yup

Not sure of exact measurments, set it up so a standard radio stack would fit center section. Can measure if needed. Adahrs behind baggage bulkhead cover and ems, back up battery on sub panel.

j924nl.jpg

2v15bfm.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Rick. I see by your pics that your panel is pretty simplified. Some i've seen on here are quite busy. I kind of like your setup. Could you fill in on details on what all you have there if you don't mind. I'm aways from getting to that point but your the first one that I've liked. Probably cost effective too.
dave

I'm aiming for the Dynon SV 10" set up also.
I haven't cut the F-745 rib and moved it yet. I will wait on that until I have the hardware in hand. Still need to figure out which radio to buy (hurry up Dynon!).
I did build a shelf for the ADAHRS in the back of the fuselage, up high with room for 2 (future expansion?). Just used pieces from the trim bundle and some left over J-channel for stiffness. Solid as a rock and 2+ feet away from anything ferrous or magnetic.

1126420658_Np9er-M.jpg

1126420827_HUyJ9-M.jpg

Panel info

I have had a few requests so...my panel is the following

Dynon 10", mgl v10 comm/ intercom, garmin gtx327 transponder, ipad 3g with skycharts, bendix av80r, basic elt, zaon mrx pcas and thats that. I also have a digital carbon monoxide tester, and a halon fire ext on the floor, andair fuel selector. Very light, very reasonable cost and I have been 110% happy for my NON IFR mission. 3 gps's, moving map, synthetic view, traffic, the bendix has a back up gps panel if needed. Would not change a thing. I have a few power plugs etc for additional stuff. For the money its a great bang for the buck.

Last edited:
Panel Blank Source?

Rick,

Nice job on the panel. You mentioned using a "special auto style modular panel" in your 'Vans First Flights' entry. Can you tell the group where you sourced the panel blank? Also, I second the request for 'behind the panel' photos if you don't mind posting them. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jack

I "second" that request for the source of your panel blanks, and some behind-the-panel shots. I'm at that stage myself.

Panel blanks.

I have already supplied one builder from this list the contact info. He is going to see if the supplier/fellow builder made more. It was purchased off VAF a couple years ago. Will report back on his findings, so we dont really bug the other builder if he is not making more.

Also, will post pics of back of panel in the next day or two, wil remember to take some pics and post.

Responding to Rick's post, I have contacted the original builder of the panel. It sounds like he is willing to build more of them for about $550.00. Materials and his time. Well worth I think!!!!!
I will report back, he says he built these for RV 7's, I am building a 9A, he told me he was going to research the difference between the two.
How many of us would buy this?

I'm in for one, check-writing serious, right now. I really like the way Rick's looks.

Besides - my wife told me the other day she wouldn't fly with me "in an ugly plane" - so I gotta pretty it up a bit! :D

If it were a mirror-image about the centreline, I'd want one in a heartbeat. If you need to make up numbers and it isn't symmetrical, put me down as well anyway. I can tolerate a lopsided Skyview setup. ;)

Responding to Rick's post, I have contacted the original builder of the panel. It sounds like he is willing to build more of them for about $550.00. Materials and his time. Well worth I think!!!!!
I will report back, he says he built these for RV 7's, I am building a 9A, he told me he was going to research the difference between the two.
How many of us would buy this?

Any update on this?

Back