What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1 or 2 Duckworks lights?

Seansull

I am debating if I should install 1 or 2 Duckworks leading edge lights. These will be used for landing only and will have the 50W HID bulbs.

I would love to hear from anyone currently using either system. It seems that 1 would be plenty and 2 would be just plain bright! I just don't want to waste money on two kits if it really isn't practical.

Thanks guys!

I vote for two.

I had one Duckworth light in the right wing for 700+ hours. It was OK for landing, but I never could see stuff on the left side of the aircraft while taxiing at night. I recently installed a second Duckworth HID in the left wing and now I taxi with confidence. BTW, the HID light is so much brighter. I just upgraded the right wing with a HID bulb. What a difference!:eek:

Sean,

I think you'll find that most RV-10s install a pair of landing lights.

With a pair of Duckworks HIDs, you'll have no problems seeing what's on the runway at night.

bob

Two me (and why)

The ducks have two positions you can mount them in - taxi or landing. The light in the left wing (RV-6 - my side) is pointed down for taxi. The right wing is mounted in the landing position.

Just fwiw, I use the taxi one more than the landing (ex: early morning flight out to catch the sunrise, etc.)

Back