What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

#1 cht reading lower

albertaflyer

Hi, I have an o360 and an Mgl Xtreme EFIS to monitor engine parameters. I'm finding that the #1 cylinder CHT is reading about 100 deg. C lower then the rest. I realize that there will be some difference between the four cylinders but the other 3 only very a little compared to the #1. thanks for any info!

Exchange CHT-probe with one of the other cylinders and see if the problem follows the probe or stays with the cylinder.

That is a great suggestion! We all appreciate clear and simple solutions and recommendations. Damned fine! Thanks from the Force

I haven't tried swapping it to another cylinder. I thought maybe something got inside the hole where it threads into and wasn't making proper contact. From what I can see it looks clean. I will try swapping it out. Thanks!

Hi, I have an o360 and an Mgl Xtreme EFIS to monitor engine parameters. I'm finding that the #1 cylinder CHT is reading about 100 deg. C lower then the rest. I realize that there will be some difference between the four cylinders but the other 3 only very a little compared to the #1. thanks for any info!

I had a single EGT read much different than the other 3 at ambient temperature and found that I had made a really poor crip on one of the
wires to the probe. A good crimp resolved the problem. Don't know if a
loose connestion could be your problem with the CHT, but it might be worth a look.

That's what I don't understand because at ambient temp everything reads the same. I made a mistake on the actual temp difference it's about 50c lower then the other three.

Back