What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

0360 primer line routing?

trib

Well Known Member
Looking for some help in routing the primer lines on an 0360 ECI. It came with the steel tubing, primer fittings and tees. The parts catalog shows a 2D view (tubing under the cylinders), but I'm having a difficult time picturing where the tubing runs to behind the accessory case and how it fits in with the engine mounts, exhaust, etc. Does any have a picture of their engine plumbed with 3 cyl priming lines? The tubing is just straight at this point, so there's no previous bends to help give me a clue as to how they are run. I've seen several photos with the Van's copper tubing system, but am looking for the actual lycoming parts system.

thanks for the help!:)

Still need pictures!

Rivethead,

Thanks for responding, but if you'll note in the original message I have the parts catalog, but need more help than just the 2-D picture, which is the exact one you refer to. Does anyone have actual PHOTOGRAPHS of the arrangement they would be willing to share? I'd greatly appreciate it!!:)

Hey Tim,
You and I must be at the same point in the build. You've beat me to the punch lately when asking a few questions that are engine related. Unfortunately (for me) you've also beat me to the punch when someone listed their Sky-Tec starter! Doh! I'm waiting for the next one to show up.

Anyway, back on topic...I don't have an answer for the primer lines, but if you find out how they're routed can you post it here? I'm researching this myself and I'll do the same if I get an answer.

I'm using an electric solonoid and need to figure out the cylinder line routing before I can figure out where to mount the solonoid on the firewall. :cool:

heres what ive got

i do not plan on hooking them up though...if its to cold to prime an 0-360 its too cold to fly..not really.... hope this helps

Last edited:
Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. The pictures were just what I needed. The 2-D left me wondering where the routing was elevation wise and this helps tremendously. Sonny, just about everyone has been at the stage I am at one time or another. I go so slow, they just pass me by. It's also unusual when I beat someone to the punch on the purchase (that's why my ebay moniker is daylatedollarshort), so I'm happy to claim the odd victory. Hope the photos helped you as well.

Happy Holidays!:D

Back