What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

0320-d2j

C/S prop

I converted an 0320E2A to a C/S prop and this is an engine that is listed to have a solid Crank (but Mine was hollow), the crankcase was not supposed to have a tapped hole near the front end (mine had the hole with a pipe plug sealing it) and the accessory case was not supposed to have a pad for the governor (mine had a plate covering the hole). Lycoming, when asked about the feasibility of a prop change, said the engine should not be capable but, in production, they may not have the proper components handy and they use what they have which will work. Therefore, a person has to look to see what you have regardless what the specifications say. I was lucky and you may be as well. I must have about 75 hours on the new prop.

Dick DeCramer
RV6 N500DD
RV8 in the works
Northfield, MN

My RV-6 has a D2J. It has a governor pad, but it is not machined or drilled. I'm sure you could have a certified shop machine the case, but that involves a complete tear down of the engine.

Back