What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

0-320 to 0-360

Mike Macon

Well Known Member
Patron
I do not want to hijack a thread from Dan Carley so I am posting this 6/6A specific.
I am changing from an 0-320E2D to an 0-360A1A in my 6A. The list of known changes I have so for are:
- Propeller
- Exaust (old one is junk)
- Baffle kit
- Cowl scoop
- Motor mounts
- Airbox kit
- Spinner? (another Sensenich prop)
I tried checking Doug's posts because I know he made a similar switch but I can not get back into his history far enough. If anyone can think of any other parts I need to order or can direct me to a thread please do.

I have been planning the same change for the past year. I have the engine, engine mount, baffles, and new forward facing sump with my plan to use FI.

My plan is to replace EVERYTHING forward of the firewall. Anything that I replace and have duplicate of can be sold here.

(I have one of the older polyester cowls.)

At the preset time, I have a full time job and a flying RV. I desire to minimize my down time during the change so the plan is to have everything before I start. Yes it may cost more this way but anything left over can be used on my RV-3.

Just did the swap myself recently.

We did not have to change the engine mount(same type), but did change the rubber mounts(new ones). Also replaced the oil cooler because the new baffling had it mounted in the normal location(my old oil cooler was kinda funky). Also had to buy a new scoop and cut off the old and reglass the new. New spinner for the new prop. New airbox, the old one was not done very well.

Thats about it, also ended up replacing fuel and oil lines and using firesleeve that was not there originally.

Overall not too bad, of course it takes a lot longer than you think it will, but in the end my ECI Titan O-360 now has perfect/even CHT's and the oil cooler works great down here in the 90 degree Florida heat.

Thanks Jamie -

I thought I had it pretty well covered and you have confirmed that I am on the right track. My prop is being shipped and my engine should not be too far behind.
I will have a prop for sale when I make the change if anyone needs a Sensenich for an 0-320 160HP 6A/7A/8A/9A setup.

Last edited:
Back