What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

“Stagging” a countersunk screw head

Loman

Well Known Member
I have replaced the inlet and outlet adapters on an Andair gascolator, originally male flared AN, with female NPT fittings supplied by the manufacturer.

The instructions say “Please make sure the fittings on your product are secured in your desired position with screws and stagged or Loctite 648”. I haven’t come across this term before and, unusually, Prof. YouTube and Prof. Google know nothing about it either.

I believe it might refer to the practice of punching a dimple into the edge of the screw head and the adjoining countersink as an anti-rotation measure.

Am I right?

I have replaced the inlet and outlet adapters on an Andair gascolator, originally male flared AN, with female NPT fittings supplied by the manufacturer.

The instructions say “Please make sure the fittings on your product are secured in your desired position with screws and stagged or Loctite 648”. I haven’t come across this term before and, unusually, Prof. YouTube and Prof. Google know nothing about it either.

I believe it might refer to the practice of punching a dimple into the edge of the screw head and the adjoining countersink as an anti-rotation measure.

Am I right?

Matt is correct, stagged is British for staking or pinning. examples attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-13 185112.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-13 185112.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot 2024-07-13 185021.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-13 185021.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 60
Back