Yep, its a fast fun toy. Lets look at the Chris Ledoux "Cadillac Cowboy" route. SLC East on I-80 to Cheyenne, (430mi) Pulling my 15k lb trailer it would spank my deleted and tuned diesel to the top of Parleys summit.

But then you'd have to recharge in Evanston. Over the sisters and into Rock Springs for another charge. Next charge in Rawlins cause you can't quite make Laramie, where you'll need a little top up for the last mtn pass. Finally rolling into Cheyenne 2-3 hrs after I did.

A CyberTruck is not going to out tow a diesel, no way. But neither will an F150, which is a better comparison.

It does, however, tow better than my Raptor,

An electric RV might be in the cards someday. Hope so.
EV isn't for everyone though. I live in the city and rarely drive over 100 miles in a day. Most of my personal flights are the same. Short and easily in the EV envelope.
My mission it works - that it drives for me point to point is just.....jaw on floor.
Maybe EV RV someday. 🤞

Last edited:
A CyberTruck is not going to out tow a diesel, no way. But neither will an F150, which is a better comparison.

It does, however, tow better than my Raptor,
I'd love to have one, I love fast things. 60% of the trucks and jeeps spend most of their lives in the line at starbucks or the mall. But for those of us who work a truck, battery power can't compete. I believe the cyber truck pulls fine in the flatlands of the SE. But if you lived in the mountain west even the F-150 would out pull over a distance.

Also at $100k (with the rest of us pitching in $7500, your welcome) it compares with diesels cost wise.

I'd love to have one, I love fast things. 60% of the trucks and jeeps spend most of their lives in the line at starbucks or the mall. But for those of us who work a truck, battery power can't compete. I believe the cyber truck pulls fine in the flatlands of the SE. But if you lived in the mountain west even the F-150 would out pull over a distance.

It would if it had the 35 gallon fuel tank, no doubt.

The target audience for the CyberTruck is folks like me, 20% truck stuff, 80% urban assault vehicle.

But to say it’s a toy truck is fake news, take off-roading as an example, it will out perform any production truck in just about every metric. Dual lockers and 16 inches of clearance.

Another great example is comfort, just can’t be beat.

4 wheel steering and adaptive steer by wire is a great example of where it shines.

Is a truck, there’s lots of them with different missions.

Last edited: