Kahuna,
Were you a Gunny SGT. in a previous life? ;-) I'm recommending you for the VAF group gunny. Dana is lucky to have a pal like you.
DM

Dana,
Dude. As your friend I cant let this continue anymore.
Pitty party is over, over over.
Take crying towel, put on floor, dous with avgas, light on fire, let the flames burn fire back into your eyes that you had last week..

Suck it up, get busy livin, and lets fix that thing.
Scatter parts and to dos amongst friends and lets get er done.
Come on, wheres the focus and mission. This is no big deal. Bump in the road.
Thing can be flying in 2 weeks.
Oh wait, there are insurance companies involved.
OK 4 weeks.
Never mind all that.
Order tank parts, send to me, Ill get that done asap.

Chop Chop
Best,

Kahuna,
Were you a Gunny SGT. in a previous life? ;-) I'm recommending you for the VAF group gunny. Dana is lucky to have a pal like you.
DM

You are correct Dennis..........I am and ..........it's time to get this show on the road. Heck, he has offered to build the fuel tank........gotta at least hold onto the friendship until I see if it leaks. He knows he is welcome here without an invite.

Good time to do this, thanks to all who have responded. Those who are building, or have built, understand without reservation, what it is like to have something like this happen. Interesting observation though, if you own an RV, and forbid it gets dinged, you will want to rebuild it, says a lot about the airplane.

I am truly overwhelmed by the response to what happened to an inanimate object. I said it in the White Pages thread, absolute confirmation it's the people, not the airplane Thanks.

Now, I have orders: You remove the inspection covers, you remove the upholstery, you remove the forward seat pan spar cover, you remove the pushrod........come on let's move it, we have a job to do and only WE can do it, let's make Vans AirForce proud!! That dang pity towel with av gas burnt my hair off............by bad, never mind.........;)

Last edited:
So, got it flying yet? ;)

How perfect the timing..................I was just thinking if you were around, it'd only be a matter of days...no pressure on you Groucho or anything like that;)

Time to watch "That was Fun", one of my favorites.

I was just thinking if you were around, it'd only be a matter of days...no pressure on you Groucho or anything like that;)

Time to watch "That was Fun", one of my favorites.
:D Sadly, there won't be any new videos from me any time soon. My plane needs some repairs too. Thankfully (for me), it's nowhere as bad as yours.

Watching some flying videos sounds like a great idea!

Insurance issue? Can't be!

I am very sorry to see this happen.

However, I do not understand the fuss about the insurance company not paying up and wanting to claim Total-loss of the plane, because the insurance company will compare the repair costs to what the plane was insured for?

If an other party damages your goods, they will have to replace/pay for the repair of it. What is all this about lawsuits, value etc? Its simple: he will have to repair it, or replace it, period. This is not a car that you can just go out and get another one off, exactly the same, this is like a peace of art, no other one (the same) out there! Your insurance has nothing to do with it anyway, its the other guy (or his insurance) who will have to pay, to get your plane back in the state it was in before, never mind what you insured it for. It's nobodies business what insurance (and how high) you can afford! If you had not insured it, would this mean they would not have to pay anyting at all? Obviously that is "B-S".

But.............. this is America I guess? The lawyers rule, right?

I hope you will get reimbursed and get your plane back in the air soon.

Regards, Tonny.

:D Sadly, there won't be any new videos from me any time soon. My plane needs some repairs too. Thankfully (for me), it's nowhere as bad as yours.

Not to hijack this thread, but if you dont mind sharing, what happened???

I am very sorry to see this happen.

However, I do not understand the fuss about the insurance company not paying up and wanting to claim Total-loss of the plane, because the insurance company will compare the repair costs to what the plane was insured for?

If an other party damages your goods, they will have to replace/pay for the repair of it. What is all this about lawsuits, value etc? Its simple: he will have to repair it, or replace it, period. ...Your insurance has nothing to do with it anyway, its the other guy (or his insurance) who will have to pay, to get your plane back in the state it was in before, never mind what you insured it for. It's nobodies business what insurance (and how high) you can afford! If you had not insured it, would this mean they would not have to pay anyting at all? Obviously that is "B-S".

First, let me second everyone's comments about how sorry I am to hear/see this. I know how I'd feel (and what I'd have said to a jerk who shrugged it off with "accidents happen").

But...I was thinking the same thing as Tonny. YOUR hull coverage shouldn't have anything to do with it. The owner of the other plane and the other pilot (jointly) have a legal obligation to make you whole. If their insurance covers it, that's fine. Even if they had no insurance at all, they would be liable for the damage. Your insurance company (and your limits) shouldn't be involved (unless you *want* them to, to act as your agent).

When you get in an auto accident, if it's not your fault, most people that I know never notify their own insurance company and simply work directly with the other driver (for small losses) or their insurance company (for bigger ones).

You may still have the issue of them "totalling" the vehicle (same as you would with a car), but it's not dependent on YOUR hull coverage limits.

Not saying you shouldn't involve your insurance company (if they're good, and you think they'll do right by you), but I'd also get at least a consult with a good attorney outside of that, just to know what my options are...