What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gretz Audio Mixer

TX7A

Well Known Member
Anyone have any experience with this?:
LINK REMOVED BECAUSE IT WAS BROKEN

I may end up needing something like this. Looks similar to the one Vern Little was offering at one time.

Thanks!
Sam

Last edited:
I'v installed a couple of them in different RVs. Work just fine. Position it so you have straight-on access for turning the pots, and leave room for the mating connector and wire bundle.

John Siebold

Oh wow! I didn't realize PS Engineering had such a thing! Now I see it's in the audio accessories section.
I have a Garmin GTN 650 & an SL40 that I need to feed through your PM3000.
I'll check out the specs.
Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Hi Sam, I don't think the PA50 can help with switching radios, you might take a look at the PMA4000, it sells for about $775, not bad when you consider it handles 2 Coms, 4-place IntelliVox intercom (mono), and 4 unswitched audio (replaces the PA50
Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering

Or, you can use one of the mixers and a few switches to control the coms.
Or, you can build your own mixer for less than $20 if you can use a small soldering iron.

...take a look at the PMA4000...

Mark, my problem is that I have a PM3000 already installed in my panel & I really don't have room for much more without doing a complete overhaul. Of course this was all brought on by a little lack of planning on my part. The SL40 came into play late in the game. I know builders that have used a mixer and a switch for two COMs to make it workable. It may not be the 'best' solution, but apparently it works fine.

As noted above, a simple 3 or 4 pole double throw switch can easily handle the switching between the 2 comms to the 3000 (this is the way I do it in my own aircraft). Simple, inexpensive and reliable (one less box to fail).

I have nothing against audio panels, but in many RV's they are overkill.

PM3000

Sam, what exact model of the PM3000 do you have, is it a 11931, 11931A, or a 11932?

Mark

Mark, my problem is that I have a PM3000 already installed in my panel & I really don't have room for much more without doing a complete overhaul. Of course this was all brought on by a little lack of planning on my part. The SL40 came into play late in the game. I know builders that have used a mixer and a switch for two COMs to make it workable. It may not be the 'best' solution, but apparently it works fine.

Sam, what exact model of the PM3000 do you have, is it a 11931, 11931A, or a 11932?

Mark

Mark
Pretty sure I have the 11931A.
Are you about to tell me that I can plug my SL40 COM audio into one of the unswitched inputs? :confused:

Sam

Another option

http://www.fdatasystems.com/Products/AP-60/AP-60.html

ap-60_small.jpeg

If you have the 11931A, there are two unswitched inputs, so there would be no need for a summing amp. You'll just have to figure out the switching of the microphone.

Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering

If you have the 11931A, there are two unswitched inputs, so there would be no need for a summing amp. You'll just have to figure out the switching of the microphone.

Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering

Thanks, Mark. For some reason, I thought that those unswitched inputs wouldn't work. I do have a switch for the microphone & mic key.

chuckwn,
That looks to be a nice unit, but I'll try my unswitched input first.
Thanks much.

A pull from their site:
If you have an intercom, we recommend using the intercom's music input for the iPod and the intercom's radio input for the AP-60 (your comm radio should also be input into the AP-60).

So the stereo music goes to the music input of your stereo intercom.

A pull from their site:
If you have an intercom, we recommend using the intercom's music input for the iPod and the intercom's radio input for the AP-60 (your comm radio should also be input into the AP-60).

So the stereo music goes to the music input of your stereo intercom.

IMHO, I would NOT use the intercom's radio input to parrallel ANY other audio signal, this places and audio output from one source into another audio source.

This is exactly why we placed unswitched inputs into our intercom.

Mark Scheuer
PS Engineering, Inc

Yet Another option is the CS-408 Equalizer/amplifier from Precision Instrument & Control, Inc. (tel:817.439.4645). I bought it a bit over a year ago ($99?) to mix a com, nav, MB, and a portable VHF and am just getting to install it now. It is a tiny, tidy little blue box with an DB15 connector and capable of mixing 8 channels. I know one canard flier who was happy with it.
I don't have a website for the outfit, but their email is [email protected]

Back