- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:54 PM

Default Yet another build delay ...

Since I started this build 18 months ago I've faced several irritating delays. Some have been financial - waiting to buy the wing kit for example. Others have been messing up and needed to reorder parts or buying some new tool and waiting for it to arrive. Or travel for work. Or ... The one thing they all have in common is that they were enormously frustrating. Well, I've got yet another delay to my build, an indirect financial delay, which I have to say just doesn't bother me at all this time.

Surprise! Meet Amelia Mary Wilbur:

She is 22 weeks old in this ultrasound image taken yesterday and she's very active and doing just fine. And yes, she is smiling at me, in case you weren't sure. Her oldest brother is 15 and learning to drive. Then 9 year old twin boys and then Amelia's big sister who is almost 8. Big spread in age with our kids and we couldn't be happier!

I was just starting my tanks when we found out she was on the way and I knew immediately the airplane was going to take a bit longer as a result. Knowing this, my progress has slowed but not stopped. No hurry to finish the wings when I can't get the Fuse just yet, right? I'm doing the tank ribs at the moment - fun with proseal. We're trying to be financially creative in order to keep the build going, but the reality is it will take a little more time than planned. .... And who cares! For once, the build delay just doesn't seem to matter.

This news isn't exactly about airplanes or building directly, but my excitement I just can't contain and I thought I could share the news with VAF. We're on the older side now to be having a baby and my wife has had some issues in the past at this stage, so we're just taking it easy and asking the Lord for a low-stress and uneventful pregnancy the rest of the way. Lord willing, that's what we'll have and in another four months I'll post another picture.

Congratulations to us!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:15 PM

A real blessing indeed - congratulations!

Happy to be a 2012 and 2013 VAF supporter
Old 04-25-2012, 10:20 PM

Default CONGRATULATIONS!!

A very worthy reason for a delay indeed! Congrats to you and the whole family! Looks like you will need an RV-20... isn't that the 7 seater?
www.mykitlog.com/izzybear
VAF Dues gladly paid up till December 2021

"The ultimate responsibility of the pilot is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions of earthbound ancestors who could only stare skyward and wish." - Unknown
Old 04-25-2012, 10:22 PM

Awesome news Joe.

We celebrated the 2nd birthday for my son today. I didn't really want kids, but now I couldn't live without them. It's an awesome experience.

Our little girl is expected to arrive in June sometime. I've been trying to come up with girl aviator names and haven't found one that my wife will sign-off on yet. But I'm still working on it and I've still got time.

Great news....
Old 04-26-2012, 02:37 AM

Been there, done that. Our young bloke is 10 months old today and now I've got a bloody second one on the way that's due in 3 months. Oh well, they good value at this age.

I should've listened to the KRviatrix and ordered the RV-10 though.

My Flickr gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35521362@N06/

RV-9A - Finished on 10th February 2016 after 4 years, 9 months and 19 days! The 1020th RV-9 flying.

First flight 26th March 2016. Essential specs 145KTAS @ 2400RPM, 8000', 24.2LPH, Initial RoC 1800FPM.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:51 AM
unfluencer

Default Congratulations!

Great news Joe. And nice picture!
  • Part time: Supporting Crew Member CAE EMB-505 Level D Sim @ KDFW.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 AM

Default Way Cool!

We're up to 3. It sure is a heck of a ride! Enjoy it!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:56 AM

Congratulations! This is one delay you certainly do not have to feel bad about! Isn't it amazing that we can "homebuild" a child in only nine months and yet it takes years to finish a much less complicated RV?
RV-8 #81077 Super Slow Build
Dynon Skyview HDX, Titan IOX-370, Dual P-Mags, AFP FM200A FI, Whirlwind 200RV CS Prop
First Flight 11/20/2016
https://www.marksrv8.com
Old 04-26-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dickens View Post
Congratulations! This is one delay you certainly do not have to feel bad about! Isn't it amazing that we can "homebuild" a child in only nine months and yet it takes years to finish a much less complicated RV?
What an excellent observation!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:35 AM

Default Congrats!

on your new baby girl. Nice name, Amelia. It's the same one we gave our daughter. Who knows, maybe this will be a trend. Perhaps Amelia will be as popular as Michael was when I was born!
RV-10 - Working on engine / prop installation
http://www.mykitlog.com/users/index....ig&project=803
F-14 (Pedal Plane - Daughter's Project) "Flying"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKCyX2FXrlw