- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:25 PM

Default LOE 2011 Pireps

It's a little windy and rainy, but LOE is still the time for friends and fun. Once again, the aiport staff is super helpful, and the vendors and local businesses are showing their appreciation. Hopefully, we will still raise lots of money for the charity.

Lots of beer to go around this year. Many thanks to Steve and Richard Fowler of America's Aircraft Engines for keeping the group watered.

Gotta love local brews.

Trutrak's poor little 12 was having a hard time keeping on the ground in the wind. Andrew decided to give it a hand, foot, another hand, and another foot.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:56 PM
VAF Moderator / Line Boy

Glad you folks are having a good time!

Louise and I took a look at the forecasts out through Sunday, and it just didn't look like a reasonable risk trade to get stuck up there when we needed to be back, so we called and "wired" some money up for some raffle tickets and will have to enjoy building here instead. We'll just turn the weekend into a long RV-3 building session I guess....

First time I've missed LOE in 6 years - and for Louise I think it is 8!

Paul
RV-6 (By Marriage) - N164MS - "Mikey"
RV-3B - N13PL - "Tsamsiyu"
A&P, EAA Tech Counselor/Flight Advisor
Dayton Valley Airpark (A34)
http://Ironflight.com
Old 10-08-2011, 09:37 PM

The banquet was a hit as usual. Also, the ice cream run after had a great showing as well. Rosie, we are still carrying that torch . Now we are back at the hotel planning our impossible escape. There are 11 RVs on the ramp today, including ours. Got the badge and the tee shirt.
RV-9A N4822C flying 2200+hrs. / Cedar Park, TX
RV8 Building - fuselage / showplanes canopy (Done!)
VAF Advertiser
Old 10-08-2011, 11:18 PM

Planned to fly down & see you all & meet some of you today. Mostly I wanted to look at airplanes. Weather, however, conspired against me.

Be sure to post pictures.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:42 PM

Hang on Andrew!

Very sorry we missed it also, but the weather just did not warrant the risk for us. We will be there next year even if we have to (gulp) drive!
RV-44 : 4 place helicopter on order.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:37 AM

Location: I live in on the Rosamond Skypark (CA) and am married to Victoria (Tuppergal).

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard View Post
The banquet was a hit as usual. Also, the ice cream run after had a great showing as well. Rosie, we are still carrying that torch . Now we are back at the hotel planning our impossible escape. There are 11 RVs on the ramp today, including ours. Got the badge and the tee shirt.
Thanks SO MUCH for carrying the torch Scott and Tanya!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's painful to read about LOE instead of being there Rosie & Tuppergal
Old 10-09-2011, 12:09 PM

Default LOE 11

Even though we had wind on Friday and rain all day Saturday, it was a GREAT get together. Good friends, good times, good food, good beer, good prizes, and a good amount of money to a wonderful cause...lots of other amazing things as well.

As a member of the LOE 11 11...I have to say this was a major success once again. Thanks to big and little Russ for getting it all together.

Now...next year we need more than 11 airplanes to stay the entire time.
www.BendixKing.com
TruTrak

RV-4 214NY "Carrie Ann"
RV-10 989TS - undergoing complete overhaul!!!
Always flying someone else's airplane too
EAA - 309420
Old 10-09-2011, 12:28 PM

Thumbs up LOE '11

Russ & Russ put on a great event, thanks guys.... On the other hand "Mother Nature" didn't do such a great job... We did have one couple show up out of the gray muck Saturday evening in time for the dinner from Seattle Washington, sorry I forgot their names but that's what I call hard core RVers. The city of Weatherford has really taken this fly-in under their wing as great hosts. The FOB crew are outstanding also.....looking forward to next year back there..... Oh I had a really great night in the raffle one of my numbers was picked for the $1,000 tool give away from Avery Tools Can not wait to call Bob in the morning and fill out my want list....Oh, Well Doug said it was a $1,000 certificate .

Last edited by 1Oldguy : 10-09-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:51 PM
VAF Moderator

Default We're still in Oklahoma

We did not make it very far this morning. We're in Elk City OK and still waiting for the clouds to lift. Rain has stopped but the ceiling is 300 scattered and 1100 overcast. It's looking better to the west but that changes every 10 minutes.

We had a great time at LOE 11, 11 planes on the ground this morning. Not good but the raffle still raised a ton of money for the charities.

We could not drink all the beer so we need more help next year.

Update: We're overnighting it in Elk City, OK. The skies are clearing now and the forecast looks good for a Denver run in the morning.

gz

Update 2: We're home. 1300 overcast this morning so we flew south 20 miles to get on top. The layer finally petered out around Lamar Colorado. Great time had by all but its always nice to be home.

gz

Last edited by zilik : 10-10-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:42 PM

Walkers are home at 40XS as well. Left under moderately low ceiling with light rain as a 2 ship with the Cards, headed southwest for a while till the rain stopped, then turned south. Climbed up to 5,500 for the 1.5 hr flight to Lampasas as which point we ducked under the deck to make it the rest of the way. We're all safe - enjoyed ALMOST every minute of it .... watching the 'Horns on the big screen was painfull .... ;o) Thanks to ALL who had a hand in making this happen !
FFI Flight Lead - www.FalconFlight.aero

Last edited by N520TX : 10-09-2011 at 04:45 PM.