-Advertise in here!
- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:48 PM

Here's one that tripped up a buddy flying with my Skyview.

I have dual 7's in the pilot position set up in a PFD on the left and ND/EMS on the right. We start on the full EMS on the right screen and then on taxi add the MAP. If any of the MAP databases are out of date, the MAP won't function until you "accept" that one or more of the databases is out of date.
Make sure a newby knows how to isolate the MAP and accept the out of date message.

Obviously keeping the data up to date is preferred practice, but isn't always practical if someone borrows the plane for a local hop on short notice.

Another one some struggle with is all the stages to turn the autopilot on. We don't yet have the autopilot head, and newby's need to be taught that there are two pathways of three steps.
1: turn on servos. (We just do that at startup).

2: hit the autopilot soft key on PFD

3: engage AP and then assign a function to both track and pitch

Or

2: activate A/P from disconnect button

3: go to autopilot menu and select desired functions.

I have found that the Skyview autopilot works great but engaging it isn't very intuitive for new guys, especially without the control head.

The advantage of having dual screens at the pilot position is that we have four joystick knobs that makes controlling the autopilot fairly easy and why we haven't bothered with the control head.
KITPLANES Contributing Editor

Last edited by woxofswa : 03-23-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:43 PM

Default Fuel Calibration caution

One I found out the hard way last week.

When doing your fuel calibration, DO NOT power down SkyView before exiting the setup screens back to the PFD (or your normal operating screen). Even if you have pressed DONE following the fuel cal.

Doing so will cause SkyView to not save your fuel cal. table and you'll have to do it all over again.

My Flickr gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35521362@N06/

RV-9A - Finished on 10th February 2016 after 4 years, 9 months and 19 days! The 1020th RV-9 flying.

First flight 26th March 2016. Essential specs 145KTAS @ 2400RPM, 8000', 24.2LPH, Initial RoC 1800FPM.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:27 AM

Default User Waypoint File Header

A few months ago, I created a series of files to allow Australian airports to be shown as User Waypoints on SkyView.

One thing I learned (and promptly forgot when I updated the files this week...) is that there is a specific header that must be included, or the *.CSV file will fail to upload to SkyView.

The pilots guide is not entirely clear, IMHO, that the lack of this particular header will result in a failed upload, so...

If you are attempting to upload a *.CSV file of multiple user waypoints to SkyView, you must have the "Dynon User Waypoints File V1.0" header included in your upload

If you don't, SkyView will reject it. Very annoying if you are at your hangar and don't have a laptop to tweak the file.

My Flickr gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/35521362@N06/

RV-9A - Finished on 10th February 2016 after 4 years, 9 months and 19 days! The 1020th RV-9 flying.

First flight 26th March 2016. Essential specs 145KTAS @ 2400RPM, 8000', 24.2LPH, Initial RoC 1800FPM.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:13 AM

"Back" to home menu after every interaction with the screen