What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A little help with TruTrak pitch servo, please

Tumper

Well Known Member
I have a question for you guys that have installed a TruTrak pitch servo. Mounting the servo is pretty straight forward (I think). But as you can see from the picture, the mounting has placed the linkage more or less in line with the bell crank. The diagram indicates the linkage should go on the right side of the bell crank, how did you accomplish that? I guess I could put spacers between the servo and the mount to move the servo to the left, and then attach the linkage to the left side of the bell crank.

pitchservosmall.jpg

Also I have a build video from George Orndorff where he mounts the strobe power supply next to the pitch servo. Has anyone mounted the strobe power supply and pitch servo that close together with/without electrical interference?

Thanks,

Hi Dean.....

....I used a longer bolt at the servo with 4 or 5 washers in order to keep the pushrod from binding against the bellcrank. It's so lightly loaded that it's not enough to make the bolt bend.

Best,

I think (would have to check, but pretty sure), that I did like Pierre and used a longer bolt with washers at the servo end. I am sure your picture is of an initial mockup, but I'll mention that you should make sure to use a large washer on the outside end of the spherical bearing in your final installation to protect against a pull-through.

Paul

I did exactly as Pierre and Paul have suggested. I believe I have three or four washers and then a larger washer and that keeps the rod pretty straight in line with the bell crank.

Dean,

Either way discussed should work (as we talked about in email or described here). One other way, if you're really into neat looking installs, is to use a piece of aluminum tubing to make a small spacer instead of washers. Just a thought.

Dean,

Either way discussed should work (as we talked about in email or described here). One other way, if you're really into neat looking installs, is to use a piece of aluminum tubing to make a small spacer instead of washers. Just a thought.

Bingo - I found a picture - I made a spacer.

Strobe Power Pack Mounting

Mounted ours very close to servo in -8A and -10 ---- no problems detected.

Thanks

A large public thanks to Rosie, Paul, Lucas, Pierre and all the other posters. I think I have it figured out now. I am always glad to see that I am thinking in the same box as others.

Back