What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Desser nose wheel tube

RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I bought the Desser tube because in another thread they said it had the valve stem centered on the tube. Issue is with grove wheel having the stem access in the center of the wheel instead of offset like it is on the Matco wheel. At any rate when I compared the tubes I found some significant differences I am curious about and I thought someone out there might know the pro and cons.

The Van's tube is oval in shape making is have a wider foot print, the Desser is a perfect tube like I normally see in other tubes I have dealt with (bicycles). In the photos you can see the difference, the Van's tube also puckers a bit at least at the low pressure. They both have identical markings, same tube. Is there an advantage to the Van's supplied tube, the Desser is thinner but of course you can inflate it to fill the void in the tire.

Anyone have experience with the Desser tube for the nose wheel. The valve stem is still off center but I plan to give it a try as it seems no-one supplies a tube of this size with stem centered. Curious why Grove does not make their wheel with the offset opening for the stem. Perhaps there is a larger tire the wheel is designed for?

Cheers

Vans tube is on the left.

10ho9aa.jpg

Van's tube pucker in the center

riswpd.jpg

Desser tube

jjaebs.jpg

Yes. Buy Beringer wheels. 100% machined three piece wheels with o-ring seals. They cost more than others

LarryT

Yes. Buy Beringer wheels. 100% machined three piece wheels with o-ring seals. They cost more than others

LarryT

Would love to hear from someone that is using the Beringer nose wheel with some pics of the installation. Are these tires "designed" to run as tubeless?

So would I

Would love to hear from someone that is using the Beringer nose wheel with some pics of the installation. Are these tires "designed" to run as tubeless?

I got the impression from an e-mail exchange with Remi Berringer over one year ago that Michelin makes a 380x150-5 that works as a tubeless tire. If it has a chlorobutyl or halobutyl inner liner it would hold air as well as their air-stop tubes. I didn't ask him about the 4" tire because I am building a -7.

I am convinced that the wheels themselves would not leak because they are machinings, not porous castings, and the joints are sealed with o-rings.

Since Remi advertises on VAF, maybe he will pick up on these posts.

Larry

More info about Beringer wheel

Hello

I got a e-Mail from Rémi Beringer, I hope it is fine to copy it here:

This is a standard size 5” rim with 11x4.00-5 tire. Rim is billet on CNC
with O-rings for sealing and a rigid valve.
Cheng or Lamb 8 ply can be mounted as tubeless but we recommend using the
Desser “Aero Classic” 11x4.00-5.

Tubeless is much safer that is why it is use on all cars, bikes and
commercial aircraft.

With the kit including rim, tire and aluminum axle you save 1.5lbs !

You can get it at AS.

Rémi BERINGER

Regards, Dominik

Last edited:
Pictures

So, here are the pictures:

RV7A nose wheel-1.JPG

RV7A nose wheel-2.JPG

For more information contact beringer direct, I just hand over the pictures and R?mis e-mail.

Regards,

Dominik

Back