What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interchangable Mounting Brackets?

zyskowski

I'm New Here
I'm in the process of finishing the wings on my RV7, and would like to get the aileron servo bracket installed while I still have good access without the lower skins installed.

I'm wondering if the TruTrack and Dynon AP servo brackets are interchangable?

I would like to wait to make the final call on which system to install at a later date, but if I must choose a specific bracket I would welcome advice on pros/cons of each system.

If you go either TruTrak or Dynon, you simply do not have to install those at this time.. The bracket is trivial to install on a completed wing...

I am pretty sure they're interchangeable.. but someone else could confirm that...

The servos (and thus the brackets) are dimensionally identical between TruTrak and Dynon.

The internals are different, and thus you cannot use TruTrak servos with Dynon or vice-versa.

As the others have said, the mounting brackets are the same.

You can install the roll bracket in the wing at any time. It might be helpful to pull the wires now, however.

When you get to the fuselage, you will want to rivet in the pitch servo bracket while you are building as it should be riveted through the bottom skin and is a real pain to install ina finished airplane because you have to crawl back there to work on it.

Just to clarify, if one has a Tru-Trak servo mounted, can one remove it and replace it with a Dynon servo and use the same servo arm and linkages?

Thanks

Yes, you can easily swap between Dynon and Tru-Trak servos and only change the actual servo, not the linkages or brackets. We would want you to use our servo arm though, since it is matched to our shear screw and the different way we attach the arm to the servo.

One more thing to consider is where the wires attach to the servo.
I believe on the Tru-Trak, the wires attach to a the end of a small 'box' adjacent the motor (opposite side from the output arm)... You may need room for a wire harness connector & associated strain relief if you choose the TruTrak... Not sure where the connector is located on the Dynon, but don't see the 'extra' box next to the motor.

Chris

Back