What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Soft AN426AD4-5's

boom3

Well Known Member
With my fuselage I received at least 3 bags of non AD rivets.(at least I think) I found them while back riveting my firewall and said "What the heck? That was soft!"

The three bags are labeled AN426AD4-5.
None of these rivets have a center punch dot and all say "OIDC" on the top with no other markings.

Will these be used for anything? Did Van's just bag the wrong ones? When I say soft I mean they set easier than AN426AD3-5's. It was very obvious.

Thanks!

Bag 'em....

:)
With my fuselage I received at least 3 bags of non AD rivets.(at least I think) I found them while back riveting my firewall and said "What the heck? That was soft!"

The three bags are labeled AN426AD4-5.
None of these rivets have a center punch dot and all say "OIDC" on the top with no other markings.

Will these be used for anything? Did Van's just bag the wrong ones? When I say soft I mean they set easier than AN426AD3-5's. It was very obvious.

Thanks!

Keep 'em for use in fiberglass parts, but put them in a big red bag!

No dimple, then they are NOT "AD" grade....

If you used any, take them out and replace them, but it sounds like you have already.

Sounds like a mis-label to me....:(

gil A

The oidc is a manufac stamp. No dimple, you have A rivets, used usually in non structural areas. (pencil holder etc) :eek: Definetly a mis-lable.

Last edited:
Van's isn't sure why I ended up with them and is sending replacements.

If you recently received a kit you might double check in case you received some.(I got my fuse kit on Nov 1) I'm sure glad I couldn't squeeze everything on my firewall because I would have never noticed. When I switched to backriveting, it was very obvious.

Back