What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engrave Usher fuel caps?

MacCool

Well Known Member
My airport (AvFuel client) is moving (slowly) toward G100UL fuel. Tanks and trucks are apparently ready to go, I'm told, but they seem a little unclear on when this will actually happen. No problem, but it's clear that I will ultimately need to get new fuel caps and have them engraved for a different fuel scheme. Who does that these days? I've tried some of the suggestions from previous threads but haven't found one that's still doing this engraving.

Aircraft Engravers

My airport (AvFuel client) is moving (slowly) toward G100UL fuel. Tanks and trucks are apparently ready to go, I'm told, but they seem a little unclear on when this will actually happen. No problem, but it's clear that I will ultimately need to get new fuel caps and have them engraved for a different fuel scheme. Who does that these days? I've tried some of the suggestions from previous threads but haven't found one that's still doing this engraving.

Aircraft Engravers do them.
https://www.engravers.net/fuel-caps.html

Only Slightly Off Topic........

Why do people insist on including "LL" in their fuel cap engraving?

Regulation requirement is "Minimum Grade and Capacity". "LL" does not relate to either of these requirements. AND when 100LL goes away, your caps will need to be replaced.

So...

So you would suggest the cap read "100 OCT" or something else?
When alternative fuels are available will "100" be the minimum?
Or can I make my question more simple: What would you put on your caps?

Why do people insist on including "LL" in their fuel cap engraving?

Regulation requirement is "Minimum Grade and Capacity". "LL" does not relate to either of these requirements. AND when 100LL goes away, your caps will need to be replaced.

So you would suggest the cap read "100 OCT" or something else?
When alternative fuels are available will "100" be the minimum?
Or can I make my question more simple: What would you put on your caps?

If your minimum grade is 100 Oct, then that's what I would put. "100 Oct Min".

If your engine is approved for 94 Oct; "94 Oct Min".

My point is that lead content is not required.

If your minimum grade is 100 Oct, then that's what I would put. "100 Oct Min".

If your engine is approved for 94 Oct; "94 Oct Min".

My point is that lead content is not required.

Like this....
20230920_113342.jpg

Back