What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trio Roll Servo

airman

Anyone have pictures of how they installed the Trio Gold Roll servo in an already flying RV6A. Would like to put it in the inspection, and not at the wing tip. Had a STEC autopilot, but looks like I can not reuse the mounting.

Thanks!!

Anyone have pictures of how they installed the Trio Gold Roll servo in an already flying RV6A. Would like to put it in the inspection, and not at the wing tip.

I have a Navaid servo (same mounting dimensions as the Trio) mounted at the inspection hole in the wing of my RV-6:

wing-98.jpg

However, you will note that the photo was taken during construction of the wing. Considering the difficulty of working in that limited space on a completed wing I would not even think about fabricating a servo bracket at that location. :)

The wing-tip location works like a charm in a completed RV-6.

However way you decide to go, you are going to love the EZ-Pilot!

IThe wing-tip location works like a charm in a completed RV-6.

I gave up trying to install the servo in a completed RV6 wing also. There just isn't the room to work in there!

Did the wing tip install in right wing. Figure all that stuff would help offset my weight! :D

L.Adamson -- RV6A

Thanks guys!

The more I look at it; installing it in the wing tip is looking like a better option.

Thanks Again

Save yourself the trouble - Safeair install kit

Buy a Safeair Kit....

I waffled for months on this - where to add the roll servo to my completed RV-8. I found out about the Safeair kit on VAF and this was the best solution for an install that I have seen yet. I just received the kit, quality is great, service was even better and it is a no brainer install. The big issue besides figuring out a good mounting is getting the geometry to work properly and they have all that figured out for you - even a pushrod to a precise length ready to paint and install.

Rather than use the wingtip, the Safeair kit places it in the inboard bay from the wingtip between two ribs and mounted to the spar. Super easy install.

They will make a mounting plate for either the older Navaid servo or the newer Trio Gold Standard servo:

http://www.safeair1.com/index.htm

Last edited:
Rather than use the wingtip, the Safeair kit places it in the inboard bay from the wingtip between two ribs and mounted to the spar. Super easy install.

The Safeair is indeed a nice kit.

By the way, "wingtip installation" generally refers to an installation somewhere in the vicinity of the outboard end of the wing instead of a location mid-wing. :)

Back