The GTN V6.70 EAB Service Bulletin and software were loaded to the EAB Software Download Area
There are two different links on the download page for Service Bulletin 2010. The first link is the Service Bulletin documentation. The second link includes the software file. Please see the Service Bulletin documentation for complete details and make sure you are familiar and comfortable with the software update process outlined there before attempting it on your own aircraft. If not, the option of seeking assistance from a dealer is still available.
We mentioned when V8.40 was released that you can now view and tune the NAV radio on the GDU (as shown below), much the same as you could with a COM radio, but that the feature was only available for the SL 30 NAV radio. With a successful update to GTN Software 6.70, NAV tuning will now available for the GTN 650 and GTN 750.
To enable NAV tuning on the G3X Touch, power on the display in configuration mode and select NAV Radio. Select which NAV Radio you want displayed on the databar at the top of the display. When a NAV Radio is enabled in this fashion, you will have a new setting available in the Display Configuration settings to customize how the NAV Radio controls are displayed. The minimized selection will free up some space on the databar to display other data-fields, if needed.
'NAV Radio Controls' allows for the selection of two versions of the displayed NAV fields:
• Normal (default setting)–The NAV radio's active and standby frequencies are displayed in two adjacent windows. This setting applies to all NAV radios displayed on the screen.
• Minimized–The NAV radio's active and standby frequencies are displayed as stacked in one window. This setting applies to all NAV radios displayed on the screen.
GTN 6XX/7XX software version 6.70 includes the following:
• Allow Remote NAV Tuning from G3X system
• Support crossfill between GTN and GTN Xi
• Updates GPS/WAAS software to v5.3. No functional changes
• Added GI 275 support
• Corrected the display of GNX 375 transponder software version
• When Transponder Emergency Mode is enabled and if the transponder had been set to the VFR code, press and hold of the COM volume knob now sets the transponder squawk code to the emergency code
• Fixed “Say Bearing and Distance from Destination Airport” and “Say Time to Descent” ASR Say Commands
As always, please feel to free to send any questions our way, or reach out to us directly at G3Xpert@Garmin.com