Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-12/RV-12iS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 09:40 AM

Default New Product Announcement From Aircraft Specialty and TS Flightlines

Aircraft Specialty and TSFlightlines are excited to announce the availability of our exclusive Thermostasis install kit for the RV-12 Aircraft.

Extensive beta testing has allowed us to optimize the hose routings and design for the RV-12 aircraft. This kit is designed to fit with or without our Rotax 912 Fuel Hose Retrofit kit.

Some highlights of this product inlude:
  • Greatly reduced Engine Warmup Times
  • Consistent oil temperatures during all phases of flight in cold weather, including the descent
  • No mandatory 5 year hose replacement
  • Exclusive 10 year Replacement Warrranty
  • Includes ALL necessary AN fittings for Thermostasis Unit

We are offering this kit in two different configurations. If you already have purchased the Thermostasis unit in the past, we offer a hose/fittings only package which is being offered for an introductory price of $569.95. If you are interested in the complete install kit which includes all hoses, fittings, and the thermostasis unit, we are offering an introductory price of $699.95.

We also include free domestic priority mail shipping with all Rotax packages over $599.95 in value.

Please feel free to contact us for more information.

Have a great day,
Steve

http://www.aircraftspecialty.com/PDF...%20Release.pdf

aircraftspecialty@gmail.com

www.aircraftspecialty.com
www.asflightlines.com
Old 03-24-2014, 10:04 AM

Default Minor clarification...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircraft Specialty View Post
Aircraft Specialty and TSFlightlines are excited to announce the availability of our exclusive Thermostasis install kit for the RV-12 Aircraft.

Extensive beta testing has allowed us to optimize the hose routings and design for the RV-12 aircraft. This kit is designed to fit with or without our Rotax 912 Fuel Hose Retrofit kit.

Some highlights of this product inlude:
  • Greatly reduced Engine Warmup Times
  • Consistent oil temperatures during all phases of flight in cold weather, including the descent
  • No mandatory 5 year hose replacement
  • Exclusive 10 year Replacement Warrranty
  • Includes ALL necessary AN fittings for Thermostasis Unit

The oil hoses fall under the classification of airframe components (the are not supplied by Rotax with the engine) so they don't fall under the 5 year replacement interval stipulated by Rotax. Van's does stipulated a 10 year replacement interval.

Scott McDaniels
Hubbard, Oregon
Van's Aircraft Engineering Prototype Shop Manager
FAA/DAR
RV-6A (aka "Junkyard Special ")
Old 03-24-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbuilder2002 View Post
The oil hoses fall under the classification of airframe components (the are not supplied by Rotax with the engine) so they don't fall under the 5 year replacement interval stipulated by Rotax. Van's does stipulated a 10 year replacement interval.
Got it..... Our warranty is a 10 year replacement warranty. If anything were to fail on the hose within a 10 year time frame, we offer free complimentary replacement. Beyond that, if you choose to replace your hoses, we offer a discount on the second set of hoses.

However, there is NO time rated life on these hoses. They are inspect and replace as necessary.

Thanks for the clarification,
Steve

P.S. We will also be issuing a few more releases in the coming weeks that we have been working on for awhile. We will start a new thread for each new product line.

www.asflightlines.com
Old 03-24-2014, 10:15 AM

Default Big thank you!

I just wanted to send a big thank you to our beta testers on this project. Dave Gamble, John Peck, and in the Netherlands, Joeri Van Veen. With out these dedicated builders we would not have had the data we needed to make this package.
WE use builders like this because we dont have fuseleges of the various models in our shops to work with. I wish we did!! These gentlemen spent alot of time with us working on details to make this package as user friendly as possible. WE want to thank them for their efforts!

We have several more kit projects going on. A new flop tube is in development now. A wing root filter and hose kit is also being worked on. Some of you have purchased kits that we really havent released yet, like the RV10 tunnel fuel and brake hose package. Lots of great input have allowed us to refine these packages, and we will release some of them shortly.

Steve and I appreciate all the hard work that all of you have done.

Tom
Proud Vendor for RV1, Donator to VAF
RV7A Tail Kit Completed, Fuse started-Pay as I go Plan, on hold while we develop new products for RV builders
Ridgeland, SC
www.tsflightlines.com, www.asflightlines.com
Old 03-24-2014, 10:22 AM

Also, a big thank you to Rob Reese who was also involved in the development of this package.

As Tom mentioned, we rely heavily on other builders to help us bring these products to market. If anyone else is interested in being on our beta development teams, please feel free to contact us with any ideas you have for new product lines.

We wish we had prototypes of all fuselages here to be able to do the testing on...... We are working on some really neat things coming up over the next year....and we really appreciate the RV community and the opportunities you have given us.

Steve and Tom

www.asflightlines.com
Old 03-24-2014, 10:22 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Flightlines View Post
I just wanted to send a big thank you to our beta testers on this project.

Steve and I appreciate all the hard work that all of you have done.

Tom
Southern "Gentlemanship" at its finest

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

Sold after 240+ wonderful hours of flight.

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Old 03-24-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
Southern "Gentlemanship" at its finest
We are friendly up North Here too. (Except when Tom calls me in January and tells me it is 65 degrees and sunny as I am shoveling out two feet of snow)

www.asflightlines.com
Old 03-24-2014, 10:53 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Steve, no offense--------I totally missed that you were in a different area.

My comment was based on Tom thanking others, rather than saying "I did xxx"

Good luck with the new cooling line kit

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Old 03-24-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
Steve, no offense--------I totally missed that you were in a different area.

My comment was based on Tom thanking others, rather than saying "I did xxx"

Good luck with the new cooling line kit
Mike...

No offense taken at all! But I do maintain that we get grumpy when Tom calls to tell us about the beautiful southern weather!!!!! However, I get back at him when it is 100 and humid there and we are having our one nice month a year!!!!

Hope you are liking your -10. It's been three years since we finished ours and I still can't believe how awesome a machine they are.

www.asflightlines.com
Old 03-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircraft Specialty View Post
Hope you are liking your -10. It's been three years since we finished ours and I still can't believe how awesome a machine they are.
Very much so.

This year we are taking it to OSH for the second time, hope to see you folks there.

Take care, fly safe.

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011