What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

dbhill916

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I finally took the plunge that I've been thinking about for 40 years and just received my empennage kit last Friday. I'm doing my inventory and putting together my garage/workshop but haven't touched any of the pieces yet and probably won't for a week or so. I spent 1 full day with Rick Grey at Mid Ohio Valley and learned a bunch about metal working and set my first batch of rivets.

I'm looking forward to getting started, and becoming a member of the RV community. Any words of wisdom for this particular newbie?

Thanks in advance,
-dbh

Welcome to VAF!

David, welcome to the good ship VAF:D

Good to have you aboard.

Advice you want???? pretty sure it is available here.:rolleyes: Mine is to find a local EAA chapter, and a local builder if there is one in your area. Look in the RV White Pages here.

http://www.vansairforce.net/rvwp.htm

David,

EAA does a great weekend workshop on RV build techniques. Maybe not critical, but it sure made my build easier. Good luck!

Rich

Welcome aboard, you will find lots of helpful experienced builders of the RV12 on this site. Never hesitate to ask a question if you have one.

DBH,

Welcome! The only thing I could add to what's been said above is to spend a little time to learn how to use the search function. There is a wealth of info on this site, but it doesn't help if you can't find it!

Have fun and don't hesitate to ask questions.

John

Welcome Fellow Buckeye

David-

Welcome to VAF. As previously mentioned, there are plenty of knowledgeable people here and VAF is a great resource to have at your fingertips.

Nice to see another fellow Buckeye is building a 12. Congratulations on your choice. Feel free to contact me anytime.

John
RV-12 empennage and wings completed
Beginning fuselage
www.dogaviation.com
Dues paid until late summer 2013

Back