- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 03-11-2020, 02:06 PM

Smile Proseal Notice

I flew our RV-8 again today after taking a couple of weeks to remove the fuel tank access plates, quantity senders and gaskets, cleaned it all up, installed the new style fuel pickups and then Prosealed it all back. After curing for a week and a half, filling the tanks yesterday showed no leaks.

I just want to let everyone know that if you are building or fixing RV fuel tanks anywhere within driving distance of me, I am NOT available to help!
Old 03-11-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74-07 View Post

I just want to let everyone know that if you are building or fixing RV fuel tanks anywhere within driving distance of me, I am NOT available to help!
Noted. So I gather that flying to the left coast is TOTALLY out of the question...

-Marc
Plus extra donation for someone who didn't
Old 03-11-2020, 02:54 PM

If it involves Proseal........yes, out of the question! Like working with flypaper!
Old 03-12-2020, 04:50 AM

Default I guess I'm weird..I like Proseal

Best stuff ever invented! I use it for a lot more than just fuel tanks, But then again I have worked with the stuff frequently for the last 40 years in heavy jet overhaul. My day job is managing KC-10 refueling tanker depot maintenance, and this beast carries over 350,000 pounds of fuel , and all of those fuel cells, integral and bladders require extensive leak checks, deseal-reseal preventative maintenance. Pressurized aircraft structure is also completely assembled with with Proseal in every joint to seal it up. Lets just say we have a bunch of it! I love the smell of Proseal in the morning !!